Search This Blog

October 30, 2009

Assignment 2 : Bluepod Ning reflections

The Bluepod Ning met once a week or so. I had some scheduling problems that really saw me away from the computer. Our Ning was created by Sarah Eade and she was really instrumental, I feel, in getting things going and making the group coalesce into a working unit.

If I was to use the Ning Web 2.0 tools again I would make sure that I also use them in concert with some other sort of Web 2.0 tool (such as a group on Facebook or through the conversation tab of a wiki or simply in Etherpad) to better capture conversations and document them. Once we were all logged out of our Ning our conversations were lost and therefore undocumented for later reference (or re-visioning / development / use as a jumping off point for creation of new documents). Not recording all digital artefacts is the key shortcoming of Ning's - In my experience.

In the final stages of the assignment we all collaborated on a shared Google Document. This was a really effective experience and worked well for our group. I like the idea of using a range of 'best-choice' tools as needed and not reinventing the wheel. For our group this sort of process worked well.

No comments:

Post a Comment