Search This Blog

October 24, 2009

POD Project 5: Interact chat

Once again I missed an organised activity on August the 19th. I simply couldn't get the time off work. I ended up reading through the log of the chat and had a posthumous lurk as it were. For me the standout comments of the log were the ideas about people reading 'tone' into plain text comments and the need for people to be regular users of the online tool to better understand how it works and so on. Also the challenge of more than a couple of handfuls of people talking at once was also raised - this seems to be a challenge for any form of real time online communication tool and reinforces my prejudice against using these tools in classrooms with 30 students. The other important idea, for me, was the idea presented by Jessica Delahunty, who put forward the contention that
the ultimate goal of online interaction is different between school students and work colleagues. While both aim to promote collaboration, the record-keeping in a business setting becomes very important.
This idea really fed into my ideas about corporate memory and about knowledge management for corporates. Ultimately this idea fed into my contribution towards completing question 2 of the assignment CIO recommendations that our POD group put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment