Search This Blog

October 24, 2009

POD Project 5: LC_MOO we hardly knew you

I had a couple of shots trying to log on to LC_MOO but actually kept 'falling off' or getting dropped off or what I don't know. Anyway my overwhelming impression from using LC_MOO in the earlier part of the course was of a somewhat confusing, old school online world that is no doubt immersive when you get to know it, but which is kind of arcane when first come across.

From what I've observed LC_MOO has no trouble dealing with a large number of people being online - all at one time. So mass synchronous conversations are technically possible. But once again I start to think that such conversations are improbable when the user numbers goes north of about 6-8 to polite, well versed users or so. Beyond this number a discussion degenerates into a babble for me.






No comments:

Post a Comment